Stuffed Munchkins with Sage and Goats’ Cheese
Autumn and comfort food go hand in hand and this recipe is one of our favourites!
- Feeds: 4
- Time: 80 mins
- 4 munchkins
- 250g soft goats' cheese
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Carefully slice the top off each munchkin and using a small sharp knife, cut around the cavity containing the seeds. Scoop these out with a spoon and put to one side.
- Pop the munchkins in a roasting tin and season the inside of each cavity with salt and pepper then line with two sage leaves. Stuff each with a quarter of the goats' cheese and sprinkle over the chilli flakes before replacing the lid.
- Rub each pumpkin with the olive oil and season again with salt then top each munchkin with more sage leaves, making sure there’s plenty of oil on the leaves too.
- Roast them in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove any flesh from the pumpkin seeds with kitchen towel and toss with ½ tablespoon of olive oil, the chilli powder and a pinch of salt. 10 minutes before the munchkins are ready, tip the seeds into the roasting tin and return to the oven.
- Remove from the baking tray and serve with salad, rice or anything else and enjoy!