Mexican Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Asparagus
A delicious vegetarian dish packed with flavour and vibrant colours.
- Feeds: 2
- Time: 80 mins
- 2 sweet potatoes (large)
- 250g of asparagus
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 3 tbsp of chopped coriander
- 1 tsp of sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Prick the sweet potatoes all over and put on a baking tray lined with tin foil then bake in the oven for 40 minutes until you can easily pierce with a knife.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the red onion and sauté for five minutes then add the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Cut the asparagus into 5 cm lengths and add to the pan along with the red pepper (except for the asparagus tips) then cook for a further five minutes. Add the sweetcorn for the last two minutes to heat it through.
- When the sweet potatoes are almost ready, put the asparagus tips on the baking sheet with the sweet potatoes, drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil and roast for 5-10 minutes.
- To assemble, split the sweet potatoes lengthways, fill with the mixture from the pan. Top with the roasted asparagus tips and drizzle with a little sriracha and tahini (optional). Add coriander on top to garnish.