Asparagus Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Sometimes all you need is a good old sandwich and that's why we love this British Asparagus recipe so much.
- Feeds: 2
- Time: 20 mins
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- Some butter
- 150g cheese (sliced)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Butter the bread on both sides. Layer each piece of bread with the cheese slices.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tsp of olive oil when hot. Put two slices of bread in the pan, cheese side up and top one slice with a handful of blanched asparagus spears. Put a lid on the pan to allow the cheese to melt and the asparagus to heat through.
- After a couple of minutes, remove the lid and sandwich the two halves together. Press down firmly with a spatula.
- Repeat with the second sandwich then serve with cress, pickles or chutney.