Asparagus & Garlic Prawn Spaghetti
This simple yet tasty pasta dish is super quick to make, perfect for a Spring dinner with Lower Ladysden asparagus.
- Feeds: 2
- Time: 15 mins
- 250g of spaghetti
- 250g of asparagus (chopped into thirds)
- 200g of raw prawns
- 1+1 tbsp of butter
- 1+1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 60ml of Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp of sriracha
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp of crushed chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp of Italian seasoning
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add the spaghetti to a large pan of salted boiling water.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan then add the garlic and fry for a minute before adding the asparagus. Toss this all in the pan for a couple of minutes then remove the asparagus and set aside.
- In the same pan add another 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil and add the prawns. Cook for a minute each side until turning pink.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, vegetable stock, sriracha, lemon juice and chilli flakes (optional) and allow the pan to bubble. Stir the asparagus back into this pan.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving some of the cooking water and toss it through the mixture in the pan, adding some of the cooking water if you feel it needs to be a bit looser.
- Serve up and enjoy!